Versatile Blogger AwardApril 5, 2011 at 8:30 am | Posted in Other | 19 Comments
The Versatile Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post.
- Tell 7 Random facts about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 15 new found bloggers.
- Contact each blogger you want to pass the award on to and let them know you’ve done so, and let the giver of your award know you accept it… or not.
So here’s my 7 Random Things about me:
1. My favorite food of all time is an apple. Apples are literally the ONE thing you can be sure I will always have on hand. Case in point – my fridge right now:
2. I LOVE to read. I read some novels/fictional book, but I mostly read positive, inspirational, self-improvement type books. If you want a list of my all-time favorite books, check out my Favorites tab at the top of the page.
3. I drive a 1999 Ford Taurus.
(Old picture… but pretty typical of Wisconsin.) This car went through both of my brothers before getting to me, and I’ve been driving it since I got my license. I am in love with my car, mainly because it is the most trustworthy car EVER. Seriously, this thing will last FOR-EV-ER!
4. Although I am a Freshman in college, I decided to bypass the whole “dorm” living situation and get my own one-bedroom apartment downtown. It’s a beautiful place with my own full kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom, and balcony. I’ve always been extremely independent and actually moved into my apartment the summer BEFORE college even started. I LOVE living on my own and the lifestyle it brings me!🙂
5. I know how to knit.
I have a pretty short attention span, but I’ve knit a lot of smaller projects like dishcloths, scarves, and coasters. I’ve always been an arts and crafts person… in fact, I used to watch Martha Stewart in the mornings instead of Sesame Street when I was like 4 or 5 years old! I’ve made bracelets, homemade cards and stationary, pressed flowers, purses, etc. I’m not quite as into crafts as I was before, but I still love being creative!
6. My favorite places to shop for clothes are Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Buckle, Abercrombie and Fitch, Gap, and Express. Here’s the Urban Outfitters that’s on State Street in Madison that I took a picture of on my phone yesterday morning:
7. I played the piano (took piano lessons) for 11 years. I started in kindergarten and took lessons through my Sophomore year in high school. I think I realized that I didn’t really enjoy the lessons anymore, and it was to the point where I could basically play anything you put in front of me. I’m the type of who enjoys playing piano just for fun, so I ended lessons as a Sophomore and just continued to play on my own with sheet music and whatnot. I haven’t played for quite a long time now since I’ve been in college, but piano is something that comes back to you pretty quickly once you sit down and start playing.
So there’s your 7 Random Things! Now I’ll tag a few wonderful bloggers with this award:
- Lesley – She’s such a wonderful, down-to-earth person, and we like to share our weather reports with each other.😉
- Jenny – This lady is seriously AMAZING! She’s sweet, kind, fun-loving, and has the biggest heart EVER. That, and an sense of fashion I can totally relate to.🙂
- Jess – This girl is SUCH a sweetheart! She just turned 16 and is living a healthy, well-balanced life as a high school student.
- Averie – AMAZING woman doing it all – mother, blogger, wife, career woman, fitness expert, baker. She tells it like it is and I love her for it!
- Carrie – She’s upbeat, energetic, and just a positive young woman. Her posts show off her sense of humor, and she’s always making me smile!
What’s something random about YOU???